Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Henry's Lake Memorial Weekend

This memorial weekend Chris and I went with his family to Island Park, Idaho. We stayed in a cabin at Henry's Lake. We fished, read, ate yummy food, relaxed, and went to yellowstone national park. We had so much fun! We even got to see a bear, which is very unusual! Thanks Mike and Barb for a fun filled weekend, we're looking forward to next year!


Old Faithful!

Antelope were everywhere

We saw a cinnamon bear eating fresh elk meat! It was so cool how close we were!

This buffalo was right next to our car

Upper falls


Mamouth hot springs



Chris smelt something weird under this bridge... Wonder what it was...











The boys did this...... While the girls did this....



My fisherman :)



Chris' uncle Wayne, cousin Brannon, and Chris fishing


Chris' dad, Mike out in his pontoon boat. He caught one!

2 comments:

  1. That looks like such a great weekend. The boys were excited to see the pics and video of Yellowstone. They are starting to get so excited to go next month for our visit. When I was little, I used to LOVE the smell of sulphur from the hot pots. (Weird, I know.) :)
    My mom's family used to have a cabin in Island Park and we would go there in the summertime. It was near Mack's Inn (which I think burned down a couple years ago). We even had a Gibbs reunion there one summer, probably about 20 years ago. I'm trying to remember if you guys were there or not. You would have remembered it if you were.....everyone got the flu. It was a very memorable reunion, if you know what I mean. Let me just say that underwear was hanging on the line. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I remember that reunion too! It was still fun.
    Looks like you had a great time on your mini vacation. Cute pictures.
    Love Aunt Tammy

    ReplyDelete