Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Quarter of a Century



February 21st was my 25th birthday and since it was on Sunday we celebrated it on Saturday. Chris was so cute, he woke up early and made me Swedish pancakes (my favorite) with strawberries and whip cream.
For my birthday present I wanted a new bedspread so we drove up to Salt Lake and I went to this cute little boutique called the Quilt Shop. If you haven't been you should! They had the cutest quilts, duvets, shames, throw pillows, everything you could think of! I had been looking at quilt stores for awhile and never found anything I loved, but we found some great stuff here.

Side story... Earlier that week Jaclyn and I were in Salt Lake at a flower shop, and while driving through the back parking lot we saw that their dumpster was full of fresh flowers! They were perfectly fine so without anyone looking we went dumpster diving and pulled out more then 10 dozen roses and hydrangeas! Then went back to her house and striped and cleaned all the flowers then she put together two beautiful arrangements for my birthday party.



Here are all the flowers we found and just some of the leaves and petals we striped!






Jaclyn is so talented!






Back to Saturday....after the Quilt shop Chris and I went back home and decorated and got all the treats ready for the party.









Then later that night we went to Tempanyaki for dinner. It's a Japanese steakhouse where they make the meal right in front of you. It was so awesome and the food was delicious.









Afterward we met up with a bunch of our friends at Fat Cats to bowl and play pool. We all had a really fun time! And I beat Chris both games, sorry babe!












I don't know what Chris is doing in this picture....



Next we all went back to our place to have cake and ice cream and watch the Olympics! It was a really good birthday and I'm glad I could celebrate it with all my friends.









Thanks everyone for the past 25 years and a great birthday!

4 comments:

  1. That was a great day. great flowers, great quilt shop, great bowling games, great desserts. I cant believe how old we are getting, so many memories. Love you...ps where is the shot of me and you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya it was a great day and I am getting so old! Especially since Chris is still so young! Ha! I had too many pictures of the party so I didn't get the one of just you and I on. But don't worry you're in the group shot and you got a shout out :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...10 dozen roses! Those were gorgeous!
    Looks like you had a blast.
    lots of fun stuff...Can't wait to see you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a great day. Pretty flowers!

    ReplyDelete